Proper joint health depends heavily on the diet. so you should consume certain foods in order to strengthen the joints and maintain the optimal condition of the tendons and ligaments.
- First of all., make sure your body is properly hydrated, meaning that you drink plenty of water. This will synthesise the synovial fluid in joints, which lubricates and thus reduces the friction between the cartilage and other tissues. you should drink at least 2L of water daily.
- Increase the intake of foods high in Vitamin C like broccoli, strawberry, parsley, kiwi, orange, tomato, raw peppers. Because with omega-3, this vitamin inhibits the processes which lead to inflammation in the body, and helps the synthesis and maintenance of collagen and cartilage. Moreover, papaya and pineapples also contain papain and bromelain which are strong anti-inflammatory substances.
- Consume more Allium vegetables, such as garlic, leeks, onion, young garlic. They are rich sulfur which is vital for the formation of collagen and the elements needed by our bones, cartilage , tendons, and ligaments. Researchers have found that low sulfur levels lead to a slower joint repair process. Also, increase in the intake of other foods rich in it, like cabbage, and asparagus.
- The high protein content in meats and derivates provide the necessary amino acids to synthesize the cartilage and also prevents the recovery time of the lesions. Moreover they are rich in iron and zinc, which support the repair of injuries. You can also replace meat with other protein rich foods like fish, nuts, and legumes
- Salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines, is abundant in omega-3 fatty acids, which inhibits the synthesis of inflammatory mediators and prevent the negative effect of oxidative process during physical exercise on cell membranes.. Make sure you consume fish at least twice a week and consume more nuts and seeds (flax seeds), which are are other rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Control your body weight as obesity contributes to joint injuries during exercises.
- Optomize the levels of magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus, in order to strengthen your bones, as well as vitamin D, which corrects calcium deficiencies in bones.
Healthy Home Remedy for the Joints
2 cups of chopped pineapple
1 cup of oatmeal
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
2 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatine (40 grams)
1 cup of natural orange juice
8 ounces of crushed sweet almonds
1 teaspoon of organic honey
8 ounces of water
Cook the oatmeal for 10 minutes, and then let it cool. Add the other ingredients, blend the mixture and then drink 2 glasses of it daily for 15 days. Take the first one in the morning on a empty stomach and the other in the afternoon.